15 Mayıs 2013 Çarşamba

New Jersey State Song


New Jersey State Song

"I'm From New Jersey"


Unofficial State Song
"I'm From New Jersey"
Lyrics: Joseph Rocco a.k.a. Red Mascara
Music: Joseph Rocco a.k.a. Red Mascara
HISTORY
New Jersey is the only U.S. state without an official state song. Attempts to make such a designation have been carried out numerous times since 1940, without success. "I'm From New Jersey," a song written and composed by Joseph Rocco (a.k.a. Red Mascara) was popular and played on many shows when it was first released in 1961. In the Centenary celebration of Phillipsburg in 1961, it was adopted as the official municipal song, and since then it has been repeatedly proposed for adoption as the state song. It passed through both the legislative houses in 1972, but was not authorized by then-Governor Brendan T. Byrne. Efforts to name an official state song have persisted, however.
In 1996, the New Jersey Arts Council held a competition to select a state song. Among the 215 entries, three songs—"New Jersey, My Home" by Patrick Finley, "In New Jersey" written by a class of Van Holten School fourth-graders, and "Be Proud to Be in New Jersey," by Mark and Ellen Winter—were recommended by the council to the New Jersey State Legislature. However, the bill to select the nominated winner died in committee. Subsequently, an attempt was made to adopt all three songs plus a ballad in four categories, but nothing came of this, either.  -World Trade Press
LYRICS
"I'm from New Jersey"
Verse (Ad lib):I know of a state that's a perfect playland with white sandy beachesby the sea;
With fun-filled mountains, lakes and parks, and folks with hospitality;
With historic towns where battles were fought, and presidents have made their home;
It's called New Jersey, and I toast and tout it wherever I may roam. 'Cause . . .
First Chorus:I'M FROM NEW JERSEY and I'm proud about it, I love the Garden State.
I'M FROM NEW JERSEY and I want to shout it, I think it's simply great.
All of the other states throughout the nation may mean a lot to some;
But I wouldn't want another, Jersey is like no other, I'm glad that's where I'm from.
Second Chorus:If you want glamour, try Atlantic Cityor Wildwood by the sea;
Then there is Trenton, Princeton, and Fort Monmouth, they all made history.
Each little town has got that certain something, from High Point to Cape May;
And some place like Mantoloking, Phillipsburg, or Hoboken will steal your heart away.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder